Google will ban all online games from July 1.
The search giant said it will remove games that use ads or monetize them.
It said it also plans to add an option for users to disable games that don’t comply with the company’s guidelines.
“We know that many of our users have complained about the ads and the monetization that they’re receiving on our platform,” a Google spokesperson said in a statement.
While the company doesn’t have any plans to remove games directly, the company said it plans to look at other options for how to improve the experience for users.
Google announced in May that it would no longer allow ads on Google Play games.
Users will still be able to buy the game on the Play Store.
Other games Google will no longer be allowing: FIFA 15, Dishonored 2, Fifa 18, Mario Kart 8, Star Wars Battlefront, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege, Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, Warframe, Rise of the Tomb Raider, Assassin’s Creed Origins, Destiny, Bungie’s Destiny 2, and Starbound.
There are some notable exceptions to this, including Halo Wars 2, but Google has been testing games with ad-supported features.
This means the company has no plans to block those games from the Play store in the near future.
All of the games Google currently allows will continue to be available on the search giant’s platform.
Earlier this year, Google announced it would stop selling apps from apps that don “t meet Google Play guidelines.”
It’s not clear whether Google will follow suit with this policy.